Saturday 7 January 2012

My TREK in faith

Well my suitcase is still not packed and I start tomorrow, I guess somethings never change. I am gearing up to start my 6 month missions experience in the Winter TREK Program and I am stoked! TREK is a missions school that prepares it's participants to go out into the world and spread the good news of our Heavenly Father . I am living at the Mark Center in Abbotsford for two months and then I will be sent off somewhere in the world to do a 3.5 month outreach. As of now to put it quite honestly, I know nothing, I don't know what my housing looks like, the people I will be with, the work load or my outreach location....but God does and He is so good. I am one of ten participants in this schooling and I am the youngest person this year. But I know in Gods word it says that we should not ever be looked down upon because of our age so I have no fear. Thinking about all of these things reminds me that God is a tower of refuge and strength, a God that will lead us down the path to righteousness. It has only really hit me in the last few days that I am actually doing this program, and I hope I can sleep tonight :)  I look forward to get into this new routine and see what God has in store for me. This is going to be a TREK of faith and I am ready to take the first step tomorrow. Blessings- Mitch

1 comment: