Monday 9 January 2012

Can These Bones Live?

I woke up after my first sleep and I felt quite refreshed. Today was my first full day with my new team and in my new home. Besides me eating oatmeal (which I once again realized I am not a huge fan of) we started the day off with what seems to be the best thing possible...that is worship. It was a time that we were able to sing, pray and be silent together really for the first time as a core group of teammates and friends. It was an intimate time with GOD and was so cool to feel His presence in this new place.

We had Sam Dick speaking about how everything to do in faith is our ministry, it doesn't matter if we are physically connected or not but we are one family and body. And we read and studied Ezekiel 37 with the Valley of the Dry Bones...all of our struggles in life is engraved on each of the bones lying dead in the valley whether it is pride, lust, temptation, lack of faith etc. But God asks Ezekiel "Son of man, can these bones live?" 37:3...is it possible for these dead bones to live again in flesh and in faith? God then tell Ezekiel to prophesy over the bones and they are given the flesh but still no breath, no life...but Gods breath filled them through the prophet Ezekiel and they created an "exceedingly great army" 37:10. I say lets do it, I want to live with the breath of life from God the creator of all! ~GOD chooses intimacy over efficiency~ He could have just raised those dry bones but he decided to use his prophet, to test faith and to show his power and he wants to use us. CAN THESE BONES LIVE?

Later on God was present at a group reading we did aloud of the Gospel of Mark and that just had so many other encouraging and fulfilling things that added to such a good first day!
Prayer Requests:
a ear willing to listen, assignment location, continued passion to learn and study, a book/passage that God will call me to memorize, team unity

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. Omi and I read this together....great blog and Omi says you write really good...

    ReplyDelete